Life is a marathon and I am your coach.
Connecting, Collaborating, and Creating healthy and kind communities of young people and adults with the hearts to move forward through life’s marathon of seasons, journeys, and experiences. Whether you are navigating into adulthood, ready to finally start “adulting,” or an adult child helping your parent or loved one with the next season, I am here for you each step of the way. Together we reset your confidence and create the relationships, the memories, and the laughter that you deserve. Life is a marathon and I am your coach.
NEXT Author Book Signing ~ SAT., NOV. 16 3-5 PM
"Weekend with the Locals" at Barnes & Noble, Grossmont Center, 5500 Grossmont Center Drive, Suite 331, La Mesa, CA 91942
***Receive a FREE bookmark and wristband when you purchase the book, Kind Words: The Glue That Helps Keep Us Together.***
Connecting Communities with Conversation
Happy, Healthy Family Talk for Families with Pre-teens and older
1. Commence: make a decision to begin communicating better and kinder
2. Clarify: identify in your mind what positive outcome you want from the communication effort
3. Commit: acknowledge what your values are and how your communication represents those values
4. Consider: take a moment to think about what the other person may be thinking or feeling
5. Confide: be transparent and admit to yourself and own your feelings in the situation (why do you feel this way)
6. Contrite: be remorseful if you have done any wrongdoing or had wrong motives
7. Create: understand how the environment affects how communication is received and set yourself up for success
8. Connect: book a time to talk to each other or ask if they are able to be present before talking
9. Communicate: start the conversation in the right setting, with the right motives, representing your values, knowing what outcome you are aiming for, identifying your feelings, and using kind language
10. Collaborate: prepare to give and take, meet in the middle, be open to another solution
Kind Words Workshop for K-5
Mini Workbook Modules from the book Kind Words: The Glue That Helps Keep Us Together:
1. Kind words act like glue
2. Count to three. Be kind. Let them be. It’s not about me.
3. Stay calm, cool, and collected. Then go get connected.
Introduction to creating a healthy script to frame your everyday life; identify patterns in your internal dialogue that affect your body; learn ways to reframe your thoughts and habitually redirect any negative thinking; and ACHIEVE PEACE as you “RELEASE THE GEESE.” (60 min) workbook included. (video link coming soon)
Want the book only?
Discover how to protect your mind and body by sanctifying your self-talk, adopting a growth mindset, and choosing positive, affirming and uplifting beliefs and behaviors.
The Standing Mountain PRIVATE COACHING SERIES
Eight 60-90 min sessions with workbook:
1) RECLAIMING and gaining CLARITY on a clear, healthy-living vision;
2) RELEASING any self-doubt or inner resistance by “releasing your geese;”
3) REFOCUSING on inner strengths;
4) REFUELING your tank and discovering what you need to feel loved, valued, and confident in order to move forward;
5) RENEWING your commitment to yourself by learning new skills and “rediscovery tools;”
6) RECREATING or refining your values and vision to reach your full potential;
7) REBUILDING using specific action plans tailored to your healthy living goals; and
8) RELAUNCHING your life and experience whole body wellness, healthy relationships, and passionate life purpose.
Virtual GROUP Class Link Offered Soon (Sign up for the waiting list)
Improve your life and the lives of others: Book a “Connect Call” for personal wellness coaching or schedule a class for your community.
“Jennifer has designed and implemented exercise programs to meet the needs of all levels. She has done a great job of keeping us fit and healthy. THANKS!!”
— MARGIE, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
“When I began my coaching with Jeni, I was overweight with body aches and super stressed out. She helped me with food strategies, daily routines, and staying in tune with my body’s way of communicating. I am now 20 lbs lighter and keeping it off, feeling so much better, and confident that I can stay healthy despite my busy schedule. Thank you!”
SAN DIEGO, CA
“When I first met Jeni, I was so stressed out, having a hard time adjusting to my new neighborhood, and was tired and achy. Jeni helped me with an easy exercise routine, encouraged me to try new things, and provided very helpful fall prevention and stability techniques when I am dizzy. I am now enjoying a leadership role in my community, a flexible and less stressed body, and the skills to stay safe and vertical. ”
SAN DIEGO, CA
“On our bus trip to New Mexico, we watched your exercise video. We had hilarious fun stretching our limbs in the constricted space of the seats on the bus. Thank you (from all of us) for making this helpful tool for us while on vacation.”
— SIGLINDE (SIGGI), SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
Jeni is part of the Speaker's Bureau for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrator and can schedule a book reading, signing, and educational community conversation with an interested school, place of worship, or educational organization.
Jeni has a heart for others and creating this book is only her beginning for supporting positive change in our world, one conversation at time, one person at a time, and one book at a time.
Jeni is currently scheduling times for one of the two below topics:
Kind Words: "Connecting Communities with Conversation"
Provides an age-appropriate interactive community style conversation about healthy relationships within peer groups, community, and at home. The earlier we can teach healthy communication skills and confident boundary identification, the sooner we can create safe, happy, healthy relationships reducing and preventing family, domestic, and dating violence.
Kind Words: The Glue That Helps Keep Us Together
Is a children's picture book released May 2019 that gently introduces different communication styles and how sometimes mean talk happens at home and that it is not their fault, nor are they alone, if they find themselves in an unsafe situation. This book was created for the earliest reader but can easily provide a segue for deeper conversations with teens and young adults.